Welcome to Phase 3. This Phase is made up of of Year 3 and Year 4.
This Phase is led by Miss Johnson (Phase Leader) alongside Ms Hack (Assistant Head).
At BHPS we all share the same values, which you can see on the right.
Value points are awarded when children demonstrate our core values. These are called values points and are awarded through Class Dojo.
To find out what your children will be learning each half term, please see our Curriculum Overviews.
We also have a school Twitter account where you can keep up to date with weekly posts about your child’s phase and the exciting learning and events that take place! See our Twitter Feed on our home page.
If you have any concerns or pastoral issues you would like to share, in the first instance speak to your child’s class teacher, either directly in person or through class dojo (these messages of which will be responded to during the school working-hours). If it’s an urgent matter, please contact the school office.
The Phase 3 Team
In Year 3:
- Miss S Johnson - Phase Leader/Year 3 Class Teacher
- Miss A Ahmed - Year 3 Class Teacher
- Mrs D McPherson - Year 3 Class Teacher
- Miss D Walker - HLTA
- Miss A Redstone - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs S Saraj - Teaching Assistant
In Year 4:
- Miss R Watson - Year 4 Class Teacher
- Miss E Gray - Year 4 Class Teacher
- Mrs H Foster - Year 4 Class Teacher
- Mrs S Machin - HLTA
- Mrs J Clipstone - Teaching Assistant
PE will take place:
- 3J on Monday and Thursday
- 3A on Wednesday and Thursday
- 3M on Tuesday and Thursday
- 4W on Tuesday and Friday
- 4G on Thursday and Friday
- 4F on Wednesday and Friday
PE is an important statutory weekly lesson and children must bring the appropriate clothing with them to school on the day of their lessons to be able to participate fully, which include:
- Plain white t-shirt
- Plain navy or black shorts
- Navy or black jogging bottoms or track suit
- Trainers (outdoor lessons) or pumps (indoor lessons)
- One piece swimming costume or swimming trunks – navy or black (swimming shorts or beach wear is NOT permitted for swimming lessons).
Reading at Home
Children are expected to read at home every night. Children will bring back two books from school; one reading for pleasure book from the library and one banded book. We encourage children to share books with families at home.
Year 4 Multiplication Tests
All children are expected to practise their times tables up to x12. This is especially important this year as children will be taking the government times tables test before they leave Year 4. In Phase 3, we use ‘Times tables Rock Stars’ to support our pupils learning. Children will be given a log in for this so that they can practice at home.
More information about the Year 4 multiplication test will follow form the team.
Music Lessons (Year 4)
Weekly music lessons, in which the children learn to play an instrument, enhance the creative elements of the curriculum provision.
Children are expected to take their instrument home for practice and bring it back to school ready for use in their weekly session.
The lessons are on the following days:
- 4W on Thursday
- 4G on Tuesday
- 4F on Tuesday
Celebrating Nicola Adams during Black History Month.
Stone Age cave paintings in art.
Exploring light and shadow in science.
Creating Diva lamps in RE.
Exploring synonyms in English
Using the Dienes apparatus in maths.
Geography research using the iPads.
Reading for pleasure.