Welcome to Phase 2. This Phase is made up of of Year 1 and Year 2.
This Phase is led by Miss Harrison (Phase Leader) alongside Mrs Reid-Leonard (Assistant Headteacher).
At BHPS we all share the same values, which you can see on the right.
Value points are awarded when children demonstrate our core values. These are called values points and are awarded through Class Dojo.
To find out what your children will be learning each half term, please see our Curriculum Overviews.
We also have a school Twitter account where you can keep up to date with weekly posts about your child’s phase and the exciting learning and events that take place! See our Twitter Feed on our home page.
If you have any concerns or pastoral issues you would like to share, in the first instance speak to your child’s class teacher, either directly in person or through class dojo (these messages of which will be responded to during the school working-hours). If it’s an urgent matter, please contact the school office.
The Phase 2 Team
In Year 1:
- Mr Cross - 1C Class Teacher
- Mr Wareham - 1W Class Teacher
- Mrs Roadley - HLTA
- Mrs Kour - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Ali - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Green - PPA Cover/Phonics and Early Reading Lead
In Year 2:
- Miss Harrison - Phase Leader/2H Class Teacher
- Mrs Zaman - 2Z Class Teacher
- Miss Zeb - 2S Class Teacher
- Ms Edinborough - HLTA
- Mrs Dunmore - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Patel - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Buna - Teaching Assistant
- Miss Sabir - Tutor/PPA Cover
PE will take place:
- 1C on Tuesday and Wednesday
- 1W on Monday and Tuesday
- 2H on Tuesday and Thursday
- 2S on Thursday and Friday
- 2Z on Tuesday and Thursday
PE is an important statutory weekly lesson and children must bring the appropriate clothing with them to school on the day of their lessons to be able to participate fully, which include:
- Plain white t-shirt
- Plain navy or black shorts
- Navy or black jogging bottoms or track suit
- Trainers (outdoor lessons) or pumps (indoor lessons)
- One piece swimming costume or swimming trunks – navy or black (swimming shorts or beach wear is NOT permitted for swimming lessons).
Reading at home – children are expected to read at home every night. Children will bring back two books from school; one reading for pleasure book from the library and one banded book. We encourage children to share books with families at home.
Spellings, reading and Maths homework will also be set and completed on Class Dojo. Completion dates of homework will be stated on Class Dojo by your child’s class teacher.
In Year 1, children will participate in the Department of Education Phonics Screening test, during the month of June.