Happiness and Courage
Welcome to Blakesley Hall Primary School Reception. This is the Foundation Stage of your child’s education with us and we are looking forward to working with you and your child over the coming years.
During this important year your child will be taught by class teachers:
- Mrs Boora (RB) - Year Group Leader
- Mrs Masud (RM)
- Miss Virdee (RV)
Supported by teaching assistants:
- Mrs Machin
- Mrs Palmer
- Mrs Crisp
- Mrs Kour
We aim to provide a safe, stimulating learning environment as we believe all children deserve the best possible education and support to fulfil their potential.
Hopefully we will provide the foundations for your child to become independent, self-motivated and equipped with the skills needed for future school life.
PE will take place:
- RB – Tuesday morning
- RM – Wednesday morning
- RV – Monday morning
- Autumn 1 – Ourselves. Children will enjoy sharing their own experiences. Bring in any family photos to help children talk about their home life.
- Autumn 2 – Journeys – Children will be looking at different journeys and we are hoping for a trip to The Thinktank.
Timetables for Reception classes:
- Year RB Timetable - from Spring 2019
- Year RM Timetable - from Spring 2019
- Year RV Timetable - from Spring 2019
The documents above are in pdf format.
Learning about Remembrance Day, Diwali and Bonfire Night in the Autumn Term. The children have enjoyed creating lovely art work..
The children made toast in their home corner, developing skills to use tools and of course enjoying some snack time!
Enjoying our first PE lessons in the hall. They know about the importance of exercise and how to be healthy.
Lots of parents attended the Reading workshop to learn about phonics and reading at our school.
Enjoying a trip to Birmingham's Thinktank Museum.
Learning how things work.